As more boats go to iPads and Satellite phones, or to integral navigation systems, will the nav station disappear as well? Do you use a dedicated nav station to plan trips or spread out charts to monitor your passage?
The systems onboard Eurybia provide:
- email, including sending blog updates (no images)
- weather, tide, current information
- charts, and plotted location on those charts
- location tracking for friends back home to know where we are
- ship movements around us
- access to voice Ham nets such as Seafarer’s Net
- access to onshore phone in case of emergency (via Ham nets)
In the articles in this section we share how we set up and use these systems. I’d love to hear from you all on what you use.
Posts from the Nav Desk